Vinhos (Portuguese word for "wines") is a trading and economic game about wine making.
Despite its small size, Portugal is one of the world’s leading wine producers. Over six years of harvests, cultivate your vines, choose the best varieties, hire the best oenologists, take part in trade fairs, and show your opponents you are the best winemaker in the game.
The players, winemakers in Portugal, will develop their vineyards and produce wine to achieve maximum profit.
The object of the game is to produce quality wines that can be exchanged for money or victory points.
Awake your senses and have fun making and selling your own wine.
This new special box, with a completely new
art from Ian O'Toole, comes with all components and improved rules of the original game of Vinhos, and a new simplified version of the game.
The board is double-sided and brings both versions of the game.
Main differences from first edition:
- Double sided player boards can be used in both game versions;
- A 9th region has been added;
- A new estate has been added;
- The Farmer (a new character) has been added;
- The Fair has been streamlined with new mechanics;
- 18 actions tiles to replace the manager's actions;
- 22 multiplier tiles to final scoring;
- The bank action has been removed;
- The zero initial Vintage tile has been removed;
- The exportation action has been optimized for 2 players;
- A few small rules like the limit on experts was removed and the action replaced for another vineyards action;
- No exceptions on a number of things you can do in your turn, now you can buy, hire, sell, export 1 or 2 things in every action.
- Explanation of gameplay was reduced a lot;
- New solo rules designed for the new game version.
• 1 heavy duty
box measuring 400 x 320 x 75mm (15,5" by 12.5" by 3.0")
• A big, heavy duty, wrapped and beautiful game board - Printed in both sides - 500 x 810 mm - 6 side folded - (32" by 20")
• 4 Player Boards - Printed in both sides - 240 x 145mm
• 1 Rulebook for the Reserve 2010 Version 20 pages- 270 x 270mm
• 1 Rulebook for the Special Vintage 2016 Version 16 pages- 270 x 270mm
• 1 Reference book - 12 Pages - 270 x 270mm
• 4 Player aids
• 9 Vintage
• 19 Winery Tiles
• 100 Wine Tiles
• 40 Vineyard Tiles
• 24 Wine Expert Tiles
• 12 Cellar Tiles
• 6 Port Wine Tiles
• 55 Bank tiles (5 of 10, 10 of 5, 16 of 2 and 24 of 1 Bagos) - 2 x 3.5 mm
• 40 Action/Scoring tiles
• 4 Feature
Markers wood cylinders
• 1 Round/Taxation Marker (natural color cylinder)
• 4 Action Markers (meeples on players colors)
• 32 barrels in the 4 Player colors - (8 yellow, 8 red, 8 blue, 8purple)
• 40 discs in the 4 Player colors - 15 x 6 mm (10 yellow, 10 orange, 10 blue 10 purple)
• 20 Region Renown Cubes (natural color) - 10 mm cubes
• 12 Fair Tiles in the 4 Player colors - (3 yellow, 3 Orange, 3 blue, 3 purple)
• 14 Farmers (brown color pawns)
• 12 Enologists (white color pawns)